These are just a few highlights.
Feel free to email me (tmayforth at gmail.com) if you want a hard copy of the full resume. References are available upon request.
- Currently the Director of Content and Social Media for the U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA), which is based out of New Orleans, Louisiana. Promote the sport of college cross country and track & field through articles, podcasts, social media and other initiatives. Hired by the USTFCCCA in Aug. 2015. Page views, Twitter followers and Facebook likes/reach have steadily increased since my hire. Facebook fans up 51 percent and Twitter followers up 46 percent in a little more than two years.
- Previously employed as a designer/online producer for the Athens (Ga.) Banner-Herald from July 2014 until Aug. 2015. Also provided coverage of the Georgia Bulldogs (baseball and men’s basketball).
- Spent nearly seven years at the San Marcos (Texas) Daily Record. Served as Texas State beat writer (Dec. 2007 until Jan. 2014) and then as sports editor (April 2013 until July 2014).
- One of four sports writers in Texas to win multiple Texas Associated Press Managing Editors Awards in 2014. Took home a first-place honor for spot (breaking) news and a second-place honor for sports feature.
- Created a podcast for my beat, which can be found by searching “Texas State Sports” in iTunes.
- Well-versed in blogging software, SEO, InDesign/Quark, sound editing, video editing and much more.